Sunday, February 12, 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

     That's right: snow!!!! Around Wednesday it got to be around freezing temperatures, and then it snowed just a little in the actual city of Tours, but the surrounding area got a little more, but then last night (Saturday night) it snowed a significant amount in Tours. I slept in pretty late, even though I heard my phone vibrate on my desk, but knowing it was out of arm's reach, I just ignored it and went back to sleep. That was a bad move. Turns out, Quincy had texted me saying, "WAKE UP AND LOOK OUTSIDE!" She writes in all caps all the time because it is either that or all lowercase and all caps just makes her sound either enthusiastic or angry, depending on the context of the situation.
     So I wrote that paragraph a week ago today. I got interrupted by lunch last Sunday, then just haven't come back to finish it until now. Sidenote: from my room, I often hear my host mom singing/humming some sort of church hymn or classical music, but right now, I just heard a little bit of the lovely Star Spangled Banner. Go America. I also got a new pillowcase and duvet cover on Friday, and they are red, white and blue plaid from IKEA, and I really like the pattern. Go America. Plus, they make my super amazing, better than life, hand-knitted Davidson blanket look even better than before. Go America. I don't really know what I should talk about in this blog because I feel like nothing that ridiculous has happened, plus, I don't have the best memory so I don't remember most of the details from our fun activities over the past week. So here are some pictures!

Bus ride on the way to L'Abbaye Saint-Savin

Snowy courtyard 

The trees look scared, also, moon

Lunch

Ashley at the castle ruins place

Sunset

Dessert

Pineapple juice is so thirst quenching. Took us about 3 seconds to down it

Kitty on the way to Paisley's. I may have blinded it with flash

The view from my room with snow!

     So that is about all I have to offer today. This coming week/weekend should provide at least 2 cool stories, so maybe I will actually write stuff next time. We'll see. Bon apres-midi!


No comments:

Post a Comment